Gun Club Events
See what shoots & events are next.
We offer free instructional courses.
Save money on shooting & more.
About The Club
Boise Gun Club is a shotgun only facility, specializing in trap and skeet. We are open to the public all year!! We are a registered 501 (C4) non-profit corporation. All money made goes back into improvements to the facility.
You don’t have to be a member, but: Memberships are available which provide for discounted shooting and other benefits. The more you use it, the more you save! Annual memberships are $40.00. Memberships run from August 1st to July 31st.
We have a clubhouse where you can purchase tickets, shells, and refreshments, relax and enjoy the camaraderie. And, we also offer part-time employment especially to young people 16 years or older.
We have four skeet ranges and up to 12 trap ranges. Our facility can be rented for corporate shoots or charity fundraisers. Contact us today or inquire at the club.
- LOANER SHOTGUNS
We offer loaner shotguns to those wishing to try shooting sports. No fee for the shotgun, but you’ll have to provide your own ammo and purchase trap or skeet rounds.
- AMMO PURCHASE
We offer shotgun ammo over-the-counter and it’s available in different brands, weights and 12-gauge or 20-gauge.
- ALCOHOL POLICY
While we do sell beer and wine at the club, we do not allow customers to the north of the cement sidewalk. We also strongly discourage drinking in excess.
- TRAP & SKEET LEAGUE
The Boise Gun Club holds four leagues throughout the year — summer, fall, winter, and spring. Inquire at the club for more details.
Shotgun Training & Classes
Here at the Boise Gun Club, we offer a wide range of training — from personal one on ones that teach everything from how a shotgun functions, to tips on how to aim better — this is all provided for free to members.
We also offer skeet classification training, and often have yearly events such as the ‘First Shots’ and ‘Skeet Youth Camp’.
Children below the age of 7 are not allowed on the pads. All minors must attend while being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must stay with them at all times.
- The Boise Gun Club is a shotgun only facility! No slugs, no steel shot and no lead shot larger than 5 is permitted.
- Shotguns must always be treated as if loaded, with the barrel always pointed in a safe direction.
- Shotgun actions must be open and unloaded except when in the gun rack or when shooting. Exception: Break action shotguns may be closed prior to being placed in a rack.
- All guns must be carried to and from the skeet/trap fields with actions open and unloaded.
- Guns must be pointed downrange while on the shooting station.
- The action shall be open, and the gun unloaded before changing shooting stations.
- Guns shall not be loaded until the shooter is on the shooting station.
- While shooting trap singles, loading more than one shell is not allowed. Continental trap is excluded from this requirement.
- When shooting doubles, loading more than two shells is not allowed at any time.
- When a delay in shooting occurs for any reason, all guns shall be opened and unloaded.
- When the orange safety cone is placed on top of the trap house, all shotguns shall be opened and unloaded immediately and remain in that condition until the safety cone is removed.
- All shooters shall wear eye and ear protection. Observers shall wear eye and ear protection if north of the sidewalk. It is recommended that observers wear eye protection anywhere behind the skeet fields due to high chance of shot/target pieces hitting there.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed beyond the south edge of the sidewalk.
- No one shall consume alcohol before or while shooting. Once an alcoholic beverage is opened, you are done shooting.
- Parents shall be responsible for their children at all times.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct shall not be tolerated.
- A violation of these safety rules will result in a warning or expulsion from the club grounds.